2009年5月10日星期日

Arctic Region !!!

What is the Arctic Region?


The Arctic Region in northern Canada is a combination of lowlands and mountains!Questions (You have 7 questions in total!)



1. Find a map that shows you the Arctic Region in Canada. Explain what you see in 3-5 sentences.


I saw this map of Arctic region was very big.And I saw many sea surround this region. I hope this region are prefect.
2. Find a picture of the Arctic region you like or don't like. Explain what you see in 5 sentences!

I saw polar bear on the ice. I think this region have many animal live there. Even though there not have long winter time.but I like there animal.


3. The Arctic region's climate has long, cold winters and short, cool summers! There is very little precipitation in this region. What would your life be like if you lived here? Explain in 5-8 sentences.

YES!!!

Because this region winter time was very short, and and very cool summers. I like this kind of place. so I will buy house from this region. also I will like there precipitation because I like the snow. so I like there!

4. The Arctic region's vegetation include small shrubs, mosses and lichens.

a. Translate shrub into Chinese or Korean

Shrub:灌木

b. Translate mosses into Chinese or Korean

Mosses:苔藓

c. Translate lichens into Chinese or Korean

Lichens:地衣
5. The Purple Saxifrage is a low-lying plant that grows in the Arctic region. Can you find a picture of this plant?

6. Trees cannot grown on tundra.
a. What is tundra? Translate into Chinese or Korean.
tundra:苔原
b. Explain what is it in English in 2-3 sentences.
Tundra is one of the large flat areas of land in the north of Europe, Asia, and America. The ground below the top layer of soil is always frozen and no trees grow there.
7. Find a picture you like of the Arctic tundra. Post it! Explain what you like about it in 3-5 sentences.

I see many tree and moutain surround this region.blue sky on the wind.grass on the ground.
Bonus
1.Watch this video to learn more about this region:http://videos.howstuffworks.com/hsw/5847-canada-the-arctic-region-video.htm

没有评论:

发表评论